Health Information Coordinator
About The Position
We're hiring for a full-time Health Information Coordinator in the Medical Oncology division to work from our office in Pleasant Hill, CA. If you have one year of office experience, excellent communication and organizational skills, and strong multi-tasking capabilities than this position may be the perfect fit for you. The Health Information Coordinator works under pressure of a fast-paced, high volume office while managing the flow of patient information using our computerized electronic medical records (EMR) systems. You will keep patients' electronic medical records up to date, and maintain the flow of available patient health information for clinical staff when they need it. This position also serves as a link between our office and others, so that patient records and chart information are complete to ensure the best care possible.
- Sorts and uploads all documents relating to patient files that are received via fax, scan, or mail, into EMR charts.
- Assists clinical and administrative staff with locating and obtaining patient health information.
- Provides clerical support through detailed documentation and completing all quality check list (QCL) requests in a timely manner.
- Uploads patient records accurately for review by physicians, mid-level practitioners, and support staff.
- Releases patient records to requesting party following HIPAA regulations.
- Processes records and referral orders made by DVO MD’s to outside physicians and facilities.
- Associates Degree Preferred
- 2 years previous experience in a busy medical office, clinic, or hospital setting
- 2 years customer service experience
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Products and must be able to work with multiple programs, software, and websites simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- A positive, friendly, upbeat demeanor
We Offer The Following
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision (85% of premiums paid by employer)
- Company Paid Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Time Off & Sick Time
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Other Ancillary Benefits
- Fun Work Environment
- And Opportunity to work among some of the great MD's in the Bay Area